1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Please Help Us Find Joey!!! *$15,000 reward for information*

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by therealsilkiechick, Nov 15, 2008.

1. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    *local woman missing*

Joey Lynn Offutt, the single mother missing from Sykesville, PA since July 2007.

this is the link to the info about her. if u or anyone u know has any info please contact the authorities listed on this website like to help find joey and bring her home safetly to her 2 small daughters and family.

http://www.findjoey.org/

our hearts and prayers go out to joey and her family and hopefully someone out there can help.
    thank u,
    silkie and family

Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Sad story.

3. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    yes it is very sad and tradgic. the fact that it is a very small hometown and noone saw anything is even sadder. i grew up in that town and lived there almost all my life. someone somewhere had to have seen or knows something. i hope by spreading the word someone may know something and come forward.

4. rubyv67

rubyv67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2008
    Daggett,CA
    [​IMG] How terrible. I'll pray for you all, especially the little ones.

5. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    What a tragedy.

In delaware a few months ago a car went off the road at a bad turn and went into the water. When the tow truck pulled the car from the water there was another car under it! Everyone was shocked that a car had been there. But, guess what? When they sent in divers they found a third car!!

The car on the bottom belonged to a man whose family thought he had deserted them in the 50s. His children were shocked and devastated and yet so glad their dad had been found and had not just run off on them.

Two cars, two bodies, two mysteries solved. Human's are so fragile.

She just looks So familiar to me, but I stink at faces. I will print out her picture and ask around.

6. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    I have WHAT in my yard? :

What a tragedy.

In delaware a few months ago a car went off the road at a bad turn and went into the water. When the tow truck pulled the car from the water there was another car under it! Everyone was shocked that a car had been there. But, guess what? When they sent in divers they found a third car!!

The car on the bottom belonged to a man whose family thought he had deserted them in the 50s. His children were shocked and devastated and yet so glad their dad had been found and had not just run off on them.

Two cars, two bodies, two mysteries solved. Human's are so fragile.

She just looks So familiar to me, but I stink at faces. I will print out her picture and ask around.

WOW! Sounds like this curve needs a good barrier!! How very sad!!

We also have a missing woman locally that is similar to the Joey story. They believe her ex did something, but so far, no one can prove anything. It is so sad.​

7. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    They know that now!! No one ever reported any accidents at that curve!

There was one here some time back - it turned out the bf killed the woman and shipped her body to Mexico in a freezer truck full of produce.

It got stopped at the Mexican border. But, she'd been missing for six months or so. They just recently found a couple that was missing similar to the other one - their car had gone off a cliff and no one saw.....

8. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    A very very sad story, I hope information is forthcoming so that her family may have peace, and that Joey is returned safe and well to them all. I will pray for her children left behind, for her parents and for Joey herself. God Bless them all, and all those who are missing from their families, it's the not knowing, that is so destroying...may the Lord grant you all peace.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by