Please help us ID these chicks!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by foolonthehill, Apr 11, 2017.

1. foolonthehill

foolonthehill New Egg

Apr 11, 2017
    Texas
    I brought home some new chicks from the school I work at. I've only had RIRs, so these new little ones are a mystery to us. My daughter is dying to find out what breeds they are. Any help is appreciated! Thanks![​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Lots of Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Are they suppose to be purebred? I'm thinking they might be mixes. I see maybe an Easter egger, and a polish, but I think they mostly look like cross breeds.

3. foolonthehill

foolonthehill New Egg

Apr 11, 2017
    Texas
    I highly doubt it. The lady at the Texas A&M Ag Extension office got them for us for free, so I'm sure they're mixed to some degree. I was thinking the top right looked like a polish and the bottom middle/far right looked like Easter Eggers?

4. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Lots of Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    I also see some potential Wyandotte mix in the bottom left. They will certainly be all unique.

5. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    How many toes does the one in the upper right have on each foot? It could be a Polish or Polish Mix, or a Houdan (if it has five toes on each foot). I'm not sure about the others; they're probably mixes.

6. foolonthehill

foolonthehill New Egg

Apr 11, 2017
    Texas
    They are all very cute and unique. Coming from only having RIRs, our kids are very excited to see what they look like when they were older! Thanks for the help guys!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  7. foolonthehill

foolonthehill New Egg

Apr 11, 2017
    Texas

Yes. 5 toes in each foot. The yellow chick (upper middle) also has 5 toes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by