Please help us sex our 9 week old mixes!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by lindisfarne, Aug 5, 2013.

1. lindisfarne

lindisfarne Out Of The Brooder

Sep 1, 2012
    Walton on the Naze, UK
    Hi[​IMG]
    We were hoping with some help sexing our six 9 week old chicks....they are a mix of bantam and LF and all have been 'squaring up' with each other....please tell us they're not all cockerels....

Bango-we're pretty sure this ones a cockerel from the wattle and comb development
    [​IMG]

Pop-we are unsure of this one...getting a bit pink around the beak but not as much as others...another pic later down...
    [​IMG]

Bingo- again, we're unsure of this one....unlike the siblings, it has a black pea comb rather than walnut so its hard to compare
    [​IMG]

Snap-any ideas on this nearly pure silkie? quite a poofy head...
    [​IMG]

Bongo-we think cockerel maybe just from the wattle and comb development, its alot like Bangos except black instead of red
    [​IMG]

Another view of Pop, showing some comb a bit more....
    [​IMG]

Finally, Crackle,a polish/pekin cross, we are pretty sure he's a cockerel just from looking...
    [​IMG]

Another shot of Bongo
    [​IMG]

Another shot of Snap...
    [​IMG]

Thanks for your help!

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    Snap and Pop might be pullets, the rest are boys.

3. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I think that Snap and Pop are females. However, the rest look like males, especially Crackle and Bongo. Sorry!

4. lindisfarne

Sep 1, 2012
    Walton on the Naze, UK
    Thanks for your replies! We were thinking that Snap and Pop were the least rooish...i'm still hoping Bingo might be a pullet maybe because of the smallish comb?

5. lindisfarne

Sep 1, 2012
    Walton on the Naze, UK
    Thanks for your replies! We were thinking that Snap and Pop were the least rooish...i'm still hoping Bingo might be a pullet maybe because of the smallish comb?

6. lindisfarne

Sep 1, 2012
    Walton on the Naze, UK

7. lindisfarne

Sep 1, 2012
    Walton on the Naze, UK

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by