Please help us! Unabsorbed Yolk, lost my babies and name picking,

ajphil09

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 5, 2013
I am new to ducks, and for the most part every question I've had has been answered from previous posts. Today I am begging for help, I've been incubating an egg with a heat lamp and creating humidity with a spray bottle, it pipped last night, and this morning it was struggling so I went to help the guy out and saw the yoke has not fully absorbed, it's 12 hours later and my little fighter is showing progress. I read to keep it upright in a cup, with a washcloth and some heat. (I just want him/her to rest so he can absorb it!) But the little guy keeps moving around unless he's in my lap. Well tonight my 2 ducks were killed, I'm devastated and I am in so much pain and I need my little guy to be okay more than anything in the world. The yoke is about the size of a pinky toe, and he is doing good, but I'm scared and I wish I didn't have to go to school in 5 hours. Any advice for me? Also, I am trying to think of an iconic name for him. Someone who had to fight hard to bring peace maybe. Right now I am thinking Ghandi. His parents are Luke and Leia but I don't know if I can name him something to that level because it's hurting so bad to think of them. I can't believe they are gone. Thank you guys so much.

Last edited:
I am new to ducks, and for the most part every question I've had has been answered from previous posts. Today I am begging for help, I've been incubating an egg with a heat lamp and creating humidity with a spray bottle, it pipped last night, and this morning it was struggling so I went to help the guy out and saw the yoke has not fully absorbed, it's 12 hours later and my little fighter is showing progress. I read to keep it upright in a cup, with a washcloth and some heat. (I just want him/her to rest so he can absorb it!) But the little guy keeps moving around unless he's in my lap. Well tonight my 2 ducks were killed, I'm devastated and I am in so much pain and I need my little guy to be okay more than anything in the world. The yoke is about the size of a pinky toe, and he is doing good, but I'm scared and I wish I didn't have to go to school in 5 hours. Any advice for me? Also, I am trying to think of an iconic name for him. Someone who had to fight hard to bring peace maybe. Right now I am thinking Ghandi. His parents are Luke and Leia but I don't know if I can name him something to that level because it's hurting so bad to think of them. I can't believe they are gone. Thank you guys so much.
So sorry for your loss , how is the baby doing did it hatch okay? and if you can what happened to your ducks that got killed?

They were killed by my mothers dog =\ Wicket didn't make it through the day. I spent the night with him and we talked all night! He had a very important message to deliver, and they are in a better place. I just can't believe they are gone. I'm sorry I didn't update. I just can't believe my babies are gone

They were killed by my mothers dog =\ Wicket didn't make it through the day. I spent the night with him and we talked all night! He had a very important message to deliver, and they are in a better place. I just can't believe they are gone. I'm sorry I didn't update. I just can't believe my babies are gone

I'm so sorry that is heartbreaking.
hugs.gif

Thank you for the hug <3 I'm getting a little closer to peace I really feel like they are looking out for me and sending me signs that they are okay :)

Back
Top Bottom