Please HELP!!...video of stumbling chicken, don't know what's wrong

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by FlockO5ive, Dec 26, 2014.

1. FlockO5ive

FlockO5ive Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    This started about 3 days ago and I'm not sure if it's an illness or an injury. I know my daughter dropped her down right before this (about 2 feet). But I think I noticed it just prior to her picking her up. It's getting worse each day. She is still eating and drinking good and we have her isolated.

Not sure what to do for her. She seems like she is in a lot of pain when she tries to walk as she starts panting when she does. Taking her to a vet is not an option at this time.
    [​IMG]

2. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

I am not sure what is going on with the chicken.

But, your chicken is a rooster.

3. FlockO5ive

Apr 21, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    Yes I was pretty sure of that myself but everyone has been calling it "she" for so long.

4. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
  5. FlockO5ive

Apr 21, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    Does it have to be poultry specific B vitamins? I have a liquid B Complex I can put in his water. If not that then where can I get some? I have 2 other hens he has been with since birth to day of first issue. They are fine. So a vitamin deficiency would be a much better outcome.

6. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    The liquid B Complex would probably be fine to use. I would probably use an adult daily dose in a quart of water daily. You can also use PolyVisol without iron baby vitamins 3 drops daily given by mouth, not in the water. Feed stores sell Rooster Booster vitamins for the water as well as Poultry Cell that can be given undiluted orally. The only brand not to use is Poultry Nutri-Drench which does not contain riboflavin.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by