PLEASE HELP!!! WEIRD PIECE OF SKIN FOUND IN CHICKEN COOP!!!

kwanniet

Hatching
6 Years
Jun 4, 2013
Hi, please help me! Today, whilst collectinv eggs from the chicken coop I found this weird looking thing that looked like chicken skin. I dont know what it is, or where it came from. I checked the chickens and they all seem fine. There was nothing else in the coop, no blood, no discharge. Should I be worried? Or is it a deformed egg? I have attached pictures. Thanks, any advice appreciated.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]IMG]

Young and old hens some times pass these meaty droppings. This could be due to many reasons like Infection in ovaries, eggs fail to enter the track in young hens and some similar problems in older hens. There is nothing to worry about as long as your bird is perky.

Great links!
One of my girls laid one of those tough, cooked-yolky looking things after acting ill for a few days. Not eating. She started to get better slowly after she laid the weird egg.
Another one was acting odd and crouched in the middle of the pen and laid one of those membrane eggs with the tubes of membrane coming off it. Within 5 minutes, she laid a big healthy-looking yolk. Just yolk, nothing else. I was watching her because of her posture and realized she was in a position like when they need to poop. The whole episode took several hours.
Odd reprooductive tracts.

I found the same thing in one of my boxes!
All my hens seemed fine. The next day I noticed on of my RIRs wasn't eating and her comb was pale. Then the next day she was on her back.
She was almost 3 years. I think it was a intestaint, it leaked liquid(I know gross.)

Ok. Thanks for all, your help. Chickens are acting fine, still as cheeky as ever! So I guess it was a false alarm! Thanks everyone.

I found the same thing in one of my boxes!
All my hens seemed fine. The next day I noticed on of my RIRs wasn't eating and her comb was pale. Then the next day she was on her back.
She was almost 3 years. I think it was a intestaint, it leaked liquid(I know gross.)

Omg did she recover?

Back
Top Bottom