1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Please Help. What Breed and Gender?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by lashlsufan, Mar 24, 2013.

1. lashlsufan

lashlsufan Out Of The Brooder

Dec 12, 2012
    Southern Louisiana
    These two chickens are approximately 16 weeks old from what we can tell. We received them about a month ago. Any ideas on breed or gender? Not sure they are exactly the same breed since one has feathered feet and the other one does not.

We have three other hens. Two bantam EE and a silkie/d'uccle mix. You can see the two EE in a few of the pictures below.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ------------------------------------------
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

------------------------------------------------

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  2. RockerHen

RockerHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Chappells, SC
    Both are cockerels, and look like mixes.

3. LovePolish2

LovePolish2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2012
    Missouri
    Both roosters and I'm thinking mixes too.

4. ThomsonCentennialFarm

ThomsonCentennialFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    Holliday, Missouri
    They both appear to be Dark Cornish crosses. The feather-footed one is definitely a rooster and a pretty one at that, for being a mix. I'm not so sure about the other being a rooster, I can't see any hackle or saddle feathers in the pictures (the saddle feathers all appear rounded to me). [​IMG]

5. my sunwolf

my sunwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Cockerels. They look kind of like Olive Eggers, I see some Black Copper Marans and Easter Egger in there (especially in the feather footed one), the other one could be any kind of cross.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by