Please help! What breed & sex are my chickens?

tahmina01

Hatching
Jun 28, 2016
I'm new to this, what breed are my chickens? Are they columbian rock? Also, is the bigger one a rooster? They're 12 weeks old and the bigger one likes to bully the smaller one a lot, tries to jump on top of the smaller one sometimes. I've heard it crow in the morning once before too.
Thanks!

Rooster?^

mixed breed if i had to guess and both roosters and i got almost forgot
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

You have two mixed breed cockerels.

The key to telling gender at this age is the comb. At 12 weeks, a pullet will have a small, fleshy colored comb. These boys, with their large, bright red combs, are announcing they are all male
smile.png

The two different leg colors and overall body color that doesn't really conform to an accepted color indicate they're mixed. They have a strong Colombian colored something in the background, but they're not pure anything.

welcome-byc.gif

You have two mixed breed cockerels.

The key to telling gender at this age is the comb. At 12 weeks, a pullet will have a small, fleshy colored comb. These boys, with their large, bright red combs, are announcing they are all male
smile.png

The two different leg colors and overall body color that doesn't really conform to an accepted color indicate they're mixed. They have a strong Colombian colored something in the background, but they're not pure anything.
Thank you! Your explanation really helped
smile.png

I was really hoping they'd be hens
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom