Please help... what do we have? **UPDATE I KNOW NOW!** answer on pg 2.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ChobeeChickenMommy, Sep 3, 2011.

1. ChobeeChickenMommy

ChobeeChickenMommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2011
    Okeechobee, FL
    My husband & I got these 4 chickens at random a few months ago & now we are trying to figure out what they all are & if the white one is a rooster or not. We are new to raising chickens but these guys/gals are like our babies & I wanna know what they are. THANKS!

All the babies in their doorway to their run...
    [​IMG]

My baby "Mrs Pearl"
    [​IMG]

The white guy "Foghorn Leghorn" as my 5 year old calls him. (if it is a him...lol)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

& Last but not least, our 2 black/grey babies... these ones have like grey legs...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  2. brandoncakes

brandoncakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Kailua, HI
    You may have a bunch of mixed breeds, possibly all EE with all those pea combs and the white guy's beard. The barred pullet looks to be cuckoo marans(is she single combed?). The last two are cute!!! Blue Crele looking. The second-to-the-last photo looks pretty roo to me.

3. ChobeeChickenMommy

Sep 2, 2011
    Okeechobee, FL
    Quote:They all have single combs (I think.)... & I agree w/ "Mrs Pearl", I thought she was a cuckoo marans but I wasn't sure. My husband said he thought our white one was a white leghorn. & so maybe one of the black & grey ones might be a roo? That would be cool!

4. ChobeeChickenMommy

Sep 2, 2011
    Okeechobee, FL
    It he actually a "he"?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh & here's Mrs. Pearl again: (her comb?)
    [​IMG]

5. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    Trenton, FL
    I agree with the first responder. Looks like mixed breed (don't look to be marans or leghorn - full breed anyway) Comb and body is off. They do appear to be EE/barnyard mix. Where did you get them from?? They are way cute though and love your white one [​IMG]

6. ChobeeChickenMommy

Sep 2, 2011
    Okeechobee, FL
    We got them from a local feed store here in Okeechobee called Walpole Feed...

7. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

I know what breed they are... Can give you a definet answer... Chickens... Specifically, ChobeeChickenMommy breed. Aren't they a great breed?

I love barnyard mutts. You never know what characteristics you are going to end up with, but they have great personality. And they all look very very adorable!

8. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    How old are they?

9. ChobeeChickenMommy

Sep 2, 2011
    Okeechobee, FL
    Quote:[​IMG] You just cracked me & my husband up! They seem to be shy for right now but we do have a 5 year old & a 2 year old going in and out of the coop at the moment cause they love them so much!

10. ChobeeChickenMommy

Sep 2, 2011
    Okeechobee, FL
    Quote:When we bought them in July we were told they were about a few weeks old... So I am thinking they are somewhere around 3 months...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by