Please help! What gender are these please :)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Pink Fluff, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Pink Fluff

Pink Fluff New Egg

Jun 20, 2016
    Please can some one help me with the gender of these birds. They're all mix breed and about 5 months old. Each pic is of a different bird. Thanks so much if you can help! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Poultry parent

Poultry parent Chillin' With My Peeps

3 kinda looks like a roo the rest look like pullets

3. MonicainAZ

MonicainAZ Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    I agree. #3 could also be a pullet close to laying if they are 5 months. But none of the others look like roos at all for that age.

4. Pink Fluff

Pink Fluff New Egg

Jun 20, 2016
    Ok, well that's good news! Thank you very much! If they were Roosters, they'd be trying to crow by now wouldn't they? #3 has the cutest hen bottom that it would be sad if it were a rooster and maybe slightly embarrassing for it haha

5. Pink Fluff

Pink Fluff New Egg

Jun 20, 2016
    Well someone is crowing but I can tell which one!!

6. Jenna14Chicken

Jenna14Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2016
    OH.
    I would say #3 is the roo and the rest pullets.
    Good luck!
    Jenna

7. Pink Fluff

Pink Fluff New Egg

Jun 20, 2016
    Ok, thanks Jenna! I'll have to do some spying as I can't have a rooster where I am and he will need a new home.

8. Jenna14Chicken

Jenna14Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2016
    OH.
    Someone I no couldn't have a roo where they lived either and they were gone a lot and they heard one crow but didn't no which one it was (They were new chicken keepers didn't no how to tell the difference) and they brought out a extension cord from their house and they pluged their phone charger in the extension cord and recorded a video while they were gone. Lol so if you can't catch the one doing it this is just a crazy option lol but I'm about 100% sure it's #3

9. Pink Fluff

Pink Fluff New Egg

Jun 20, 2016
    Hah I love that idea! I'll defiantly keep that in mind! Thanks :) we just got rid of our Barnevelda roo, I think he was plucking the tail feathers from the others and so I'm having trouble telling the difference.

10. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

The grey bird with red on the wings is definitely a cockerel. Females won't have that coloring.

I'm not positive on the first white bird, I can't see the comb or the saddle area well enough to say. Everyone else looks female.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by