PLEASE HELP! What is happening my chicken's eggs have turned brown!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by bustnova, Feb 1, 2009.

1. bustnova

bustnova Out Of The Brooder

Jun 9, 2008
    Mesquite, TX
    My bantam hen was laying small white eggs - normal color.
    All of the sudden they are tan in color like my Brahma Bantam hen. What is going on?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  2. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Some change color after time. You'll see posts on here every once in a while about white eggs turning brown or the other way around. [​IMG]

3. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    some of my layers have been giving me lighter shades of brown eggs. well i should say they that some are tan now [​IMG]

4. it is normal. I get Tan eggs and then white all the time from one particular hen. She is doing great, healthy and happy.

5. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    What is the breed of your bantam hen?

6. bustnova

bustnova Out Of The Brooder

Jun 9, 2008
    Mesquite, TX
    She is a Buff Bantam. She is very small and her eggs are very small, but very delicious. She is feather footed and very sweet.

7. dancingbear

dancingbear Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2008
    South Central KY
    I've never seen a breed just called Buff, buff's a color, and I've seen several breeds that can be that color. Cochins, Brahmas, Orpingtons, Cornish, to name a few. And most breeds can be found as either standard or bantam. But if there's an actual breed called Buff, I'd like to read a little about them. Where did you get her?

8. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Oh that sounds normal. I have one that lays a light egg...cream colored (S. Faverolle) and sometimes hers look almost white while the other girls are clearly cream.

9. pascopol

pascopol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    Quote:There is no "Buff Bantam" breed.

Since yours is buff color with feathered legs it might be Brahma, or Cochin?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by