Please help what is wrong with my Silkies eye!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MntSideChicken, Mar 17, 2017.

1. MntSideChicken

MntSideChicken New Egg

Mar 17, 2017
    We have been battling and doctoring for her for a month, it seemed to have gotten a little better for a few days now its the same again. I thought she got pecked by a larger hen while she was broody. She has no other symptoms eats and drinks seems a little sad maybe she has been in isolation for a month now[​IMG][​IMG]

2. MntSideChicken

MntSideChicken New Egg

Mar 17, 2017
    [​IMG]

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Beyond the swelling, her eyeball is opaque - it looks really bad to me. Please do post at once with photos at "emergencies, diseases, injuries, cures, thread."

She should really be seen by a vet to determine is she has lost sight permanently in that eye.

4. MntSideChicken

MntSideChicken New Egg

Mar 17, 2017
    This is when it first happened , everything got much better and,still is besides the color . we saw our local vet which was a joke . We have had antibiotics over the counter Ls 50 and prescription, antibiotic drops , vitamins, and everything I know to do ! I will post there thank you!

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under MntSideChicken [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope the folks on the ER Forum are able to assist. This is a link, just in case you have trouble finding it: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings and a belated [​IMG]! Looks like you've received some helpful links so I'll just say best wishes to your silkie - hope she's okay.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by