Please help? What's wrong with my Isa Brown?

rgoodpa1

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 21, 2014
Mt. Sterling, KY
I've had an Isa Brown for three years and she has changed in the past few days. She is no longer eating or laying eggs. She sits in one spot in the yard most of the day with no energy.
She appears to be healthy with clear eyes and a clean vent. Is she just depressed or should I look into something else. She get a good diet and clean shelter. I have also tried to check to see if she is egg bound however I don't think that's the problem.
Grateful for any advice. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Last edited:
About a month ago the Rooster of the flock was killed and also we reintroduced an injured hen back into the flock after she healed.

Hi there. This is happening to me aswell today. Exactly the same. Mine lost her girl friend last Thursday.

About a month ago the Rooster of the flock was killed and also we reintroduced an injured hen back into the flock after she healed.
Chickens Grieve just like us. If they loose a member of their family they can get sad and slow down, Honestly I've never had it happen thankfully but I also don't know if there is any way to treat grief.

If this has just come about in the last few days, I would not think grief. Maybe if it had happened just after the attack it might be grief or shock/stress, but not this much later.

Is her crop full? Check it in the morning and if it's still full, try massaging it. Hope she gets better :(

Back
Top Bottom