1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

please help with 2 hens and a roo

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mamaof3, Jan 13, 2009.

1. mamaof3

mamaof3 New Egg

Jan 13, 2009
    okay we were given these 3 chickens last summer, they came from 4 house down and were told the hens were the best layers!! HAHAHAHAH SOOO NOT THE CASE for us!

We have no clue what they are!! Have not had the first egg and you can hardly get within like 4 feet of them!! Can someone please help me identify them and then possibly give me some pointers as I am looking into getting some babies from Ideal and dont know if there will be problems with these!!

Thanks so much in advance!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  2. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    are they bantams, hard to tell from the pics. Maybe game birds? My OEGB's like to eat thier eggs so I can't get them, lol.

3. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    they look like some kind of game fowl mix

4. mamaof3

mamaof3 New Egg

Jan 13, 2009
    I am going to redo my pics and see if they come out better, so maybe you can tell!!

Sorry they are huge now, I am having such issues with my pics! See I really need help!!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  5. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    maybe jungle fowl

These are pic I got off of feathersite

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. clayhill

clayhill Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2008
    Lee County, Arkansas
    maybe jungle fowl

I THINK YOU GOT IT, PIDGEY104![​IMG]

7. mamaof3

mamaof3 New Egg

Jan 13, 2009
    oh my goodness thank you soo much!! I have searched for what seems like forever!! That is just like my rooster. Now if they would only lay eggs, but I just found out we are the 3rd family to own them so I am guessing they are old.

8. fowlafoot

fowlafoot Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2008
    Midwest
    Junglefowl are straight combed and would be a much lighter build... you have American Games, I'd guess in the Hatch family

9. prariechiken

prariechiken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    Midwest
    AMerican game, crosses of 2 or more strains/families more than likely... Green legged hen looks to have Hatch blood in her, but without talking to the breeder anyones guess is just as good as mine. They are decent layers and are the best incubators you could ever own....

10. Poohbear

Poohbear On a Time Out

Nov 12, 2008
    Texas
    Hen looks 4 years old or more. Rooster is somewhere around 2 years old. just my guess.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by