Please help with gender for 7 week old Golden Comets, Black Australorps and Golden Laced Wyandottes

lemonlaw

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 22, 2013
Our little ones are growing so quickly, but they are the sweetest bunch we've ever had. No fighting. They all love each other. The golden laced are so gentle. The comets are so hilarious and the australorps are so self sufficient! We love our "girls"!!! Please help us identify that they are all in fact girls!

Luna- GC

Halley- GC

Iggy- GLW

Iggy's comb

Skippy- has the same tail feathers as Iggy, but I got a bad angle GLC

SKippy

Henny Penny's comb BA

Henny Penny

Audrey BA

Audrey's comb

Mush's comb GLW

Mush- our runt who almost died at day 3. She is finally catching up to the others. (don't mind my face. it's hard taking chicken selfies ;)

Stevie BA

Having trouble getting the photos to show (don't think it's you - having issues this morning on my end), but the Golden Comets are easy as they are sex links so as long as they are mostly brown with white markings, they are female (males of the red sex link cross are almost all white with just bits of red marking on the wing bows). Other than that, hopefully I can get the photos to load or someone else will be along soon to take a look at them for you.

The comets are mostly brown with lighter splashes! That's great news!

I happen to think that they are all ladies- based on their feather shape and combs. Surely someone with a bit more experience will be able to chime in and confirm my suspicions!

Any one else out there that can help with the gender for these cuties?

Back
Top Bottom