Please help with gender on my first chickens

snmarchi

Chirping
5 Years
May 12, 2016
Centennial CO
My Chickens are now 7 weeks old and I am hoping they will all be hens for egg production. As for the breeds, here is what was listed by the seller when I bought them at 2 days old. I took a body and head picture of each in hopes that would give you a good view of them. Please let me know if it would help to show another angle.
1. Aracauna/Americana mix
2. Rhode Island Red (I have 2 of these)
3. Silver Laced Wyandotte
4. Black Ostralorp

Thanks so much!

Welcome to BYC!

Your birds are very cute! None of them are looking overly suspicious to me as of now. But, they are still young and it's impossible to tell for 100% certainty right now.

They all look like pullets so far! Also they all look like what the seller said they were (Rhode Island Reds, Silver Laced Wyandotte, Black Australorp, and the Araucana/Ameraucana mix would be called an Easter Egger)/

Update: The chickens are now 18 weeks old, and I would love everyone's advice on their sex.

Adrian:

Jasmine

Ruby

Rosa

Hermione

Chickens are so fun! Yesterday they were free ranging in our back yard, and a Cooper's Hawk flew into our pine tree. We were ready with our garden hose on the jet setting, and a rake in hand. It didn't come any closer, so that was a relief!

Also there is no crowing, and not strutting or aggressive behavior by a single bird (other than the little squabbles that happen between different birds).
Thanks for anyone taking time to tell me about the sex of these sweet creatures.

Last edited:
Also there is no crowing, and no strutting or aggressive behavior by a single bird (other than the little squabbles that happen between different birds).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom