1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Please help with injured baby chick!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by gboysmom, Sep 15, 2010.

1. gboysmom

gboysmom Out Of The Brooder

Sep 15, 2010
    Fort Worth
    I noticed her this morning...all of her feathers, hide, ect is gone off of the back of her neck. She isn't acting like she is hurt, it just looks horrible. [​IMG] I'm not sure if the others have been pecking at her or what exactly. So, I brought her in, cleaned her up and applied some neosporin (sp).

My question is...how long should I keep her away from the other 5? They are all the same age and have been together since the beginning. I have her in a dog cage with water and food. She is cheeping like crazy! So, not happy...at least I don't think...she may be cheering to be away from the others! [​IMG]

TIA...

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  2. gboysmom

Sep 15, 2010
    Fort Worth
    **bump**

I could really use some advice on this...I have the dog crate she is in out in the run with the other girls. She is going crazy like she wants out. Do I leave her or go ahead and put her back with the others? She won't keep water clean either...keeps poopin in it!

3. gboysmom

Sep 15, 2010
    Fort Worth
    Hubby used straight peroxide, earlier, and now it looks worse than before. She seems to be resting, but now am worried about the peroxide!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by