Ontario, Canada
61719_endofsummer10_012.jpg

61719_endofsummer10_011.jpg

61719_endofsummer10_006.jpg

61719_endofsummer10_009.jpg

Last edited:
61719_endofsummer10_007.jpg

61719_endofsummer10_002.jpg

This is most of the family. There are the two white babies, the obvious roo, the mama, the comet coloured one and two that are similar to the mama with rose combs

These are all pretty bantys, but I have no idea on breed and other than the one roo - not sure how many pullets I have. The mama looks similar to the roo, but has more passive colouring, as to the other two rosecombs.

they appear to all be crossbreds. None of them stand out as to one particular breed, and although they have this comb or that, that is just the product of crossing birds. Sex...I didn't look, just saw that they were chickens, but not anything in particular.

I figured that. I just don't know much about banty breeds. These are the smallest that I've seen, my EE's are small, about 1/2 size of my Standard RIR and Barred, but I'd say these are 1/3 size of standards (two adults and one roo)

Missing one. I kept the mama and babies in the coop for their first day yesterday. The other hen I added to the enclosed garden. Last evening when I rounded them up, she decided to fly over the fence and run out the yard (field behind us) into some long grass. The kids chased her back the to the trees on the property. We saw her around 8pm higher in the tree, but she had no interest in coming down. Can't find her this morning. She doesn't know this is her home yet, so I'm not sure she'll come back. Any ideas? I'm thinking I'll keep the other babies in the coop this week so they feel secure here.

Last edited:
All the chickens are home. whew.... she must have stayed close. I saw her during chicken chores this morning and walked her back to the garden gate. Still skittish, as she ranks low on the pecking order, but home again. I've only had to round up two chickens in the past 4 months and this has been 4 in two days...

Glad the one came home. I agree they are mixed breed. Can't tell for sure about whether roosters or pullets, if you could get better individual pics that might help. But from what I can see, I would hazard a guess they are mostlly pullets.

Thanks rebbecky. I believe I have mostly pullets. The two whites I believe, the one copper maran like and two small rosecombs. The cockerel is pretty obvious, he is very pretty too.

Anyone have ideas? My girls would like to keep the white ones. I'm pretty positive the all white one with peach is a female - tail, size, ect. The other white with spots is a mystery still. I would like to keep the copper/black, but only if a female. We are keeping the mama. The other half are going to my Brother - in - law. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom