1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Please help with these Rhode Island Reds :)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MaBell2001, Mar 30, 2016.

1. MaBell2001

MaBell2001 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2016
    Indiana
    [​IMG]

Front view:

[​IMG]

Hi, this pretty little thing was in a straight run of Rhode Island Reds at Rural King. We got "her" along with a batch of straight runs and another one from the same run that I believe is a roo, because of tail feathers. There were several in the pullets of RIRs with some white, but not as much as this one.

Roo???
    [​IMG]

Do you think she is a red sex linked or a mix or a true RIR? Are the longer tail feathers a rooster trait? The sexed pullet had no tail yet....? Will have fun watching them grow regardless! Thanks!

2. ShellyBear

ShellyBear Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2010
    Can you take a picture of the chick that has black stripes on its head, I'm very interested.

3. MaBell2001

MaBell2001 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2016
    Indiana
    You mean the one to the right of the one with white in the upper right photo of the collage? Might take a few....and that is the pullet, so a girl. :)

4. ShellyBear

ShellyBear Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2010
    Yes, she is so cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by