Please help! WTB one day old chick (ours is lonely!)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Fourgirlsoneboy, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Fourgirlsoneboy

Fourgirlsoneboy Pullus Parvus

Aug 16, 2009
    West Virginia
    I know this is a long shot, but I need one day old (or two days) chick for our single little baby silkie that has hatched. It is so sad (calling for a friend). Type not important (any kind is fine). I live in the eastern panhandle of wv and will drive 1/2 hour to find a friend for this poor chickie. Thanks!

2. TurtleFeathers

TurtleFeathers Fear the Turtle!

Jan 9, 2009
    By the Chesapeake Bay
    I'm more than a half hour from you (probably 1 1/2 - 2 hrs) but I've got bantam cochins hatching as we speak - if you're interested, PM me...

3. Fourgirlsoneboy

Aug 16, 2009
    West Virginia
    I wish I could, but it is just too far. I know I'm prob out of luck, but still crossing my fingers I can find someone closer.

Good luck with your cochins!

4. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Bump...lol [​IMG] Any luck?? I had that happen and a friend on here pulled through for me, hope you have as good of luck. [​IMG] You can try putting a teddy bear in for now, it worked for me. [​IMG]

5. Fourgirlsoneboy

Aug 16, 2009
    West Virginia
    No luck, but we did put a stuffed animal in there. It seem to settle down a little and we are giving it as much attention as we can, so I hope it will be ok.

6. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    have you tried hanging a feather duster in there so the feathers just barely touch the floor? I have heard they go in the feathers and think they are with their mama. Keeps them warm too.

7. Fourgirlsoneboy

Aug 16, 2009
    West Virginia
    That is a fantastic idea!! I will pick one up tomorrow!

8. geosheets

geosheets Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2009
    Ohio
    Sorry, can't help with chicks but thought I'd throw this in as well... I've heard of people putting a mirror in the brooder to keep a single chick from getting lonely.

9. Fourgirlsoneboy

Aug 16, 2009
    West Virginia
    Thank you SO much!! Our chicky is so happy with its mirror friend!! It chirps and talks to it, no more crying. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions [​IMG] !
    Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by