Please Help!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by 11langenkamp_w, Nov 2, 2008.

1. 11langenkamp_w

11langenkamp_w Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    sidney, ohio
    What can i do my birds got the coughs and are always sneezing and i been having about three die every 2 days. And i am putting aeyiminicuin in there water right now which is suppose to get rid of it but it isnt. Is there anything else i can do? Anything would help.

Thanks

2. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    How long have they been on antibiotics?

3. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    We need more detailed info on where the chickens are housed, are they in a full time run or do they free range, what feed etc to be able to help you. How long have they been sick and how did this begin?

4. M@M@2four

M@M@2four Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    Hello! This could be something more serious, but I have found that LA-200 injectable works wonderful. You can buy it at your local tractor supply store. I use a #22 syringe 1 inch long. You can use 1/2 cc for every 10 pounds, so if the bird is smaller, I just fill to the first line. Take a pinch of skin on the back of the neck and just stick it in enough to get the head of the needle in...then administer. Use rubbing alcohol to clean syringe for next bird. We cleaned out our barn and stirred up a lot of dust...between that and the change of weather, we got a few of our flock with runny noses. We adminstered LA-200 for 3 days, once daily and everything is healthy. Good luck!

5. 11langenkamp_w

11langenkamp_w Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    sidney, ohio
    They are housed in a non insulated building and they have been sick for about 10 days and on medication for about 9 days. They only get let out side on nice days the weather keeps changing around here its been from the 30 to the 60s.

6. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Is it very dusty or do you have straw in the floor of the coop that could have mold growing in it perhaps you don't see? Those can both be big problems.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by