Please help!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by 22lilchickens, May 5, 2016.

1. 22lilchickens

22lilchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2014
    Virginia
    I have four Easter egger pullets no with my silkies and just found to bloody and hurt is there anything I can put on there wounds they aren't really bleeding bleeding I just want to put stuff on there wounds please can any one help [​IMG] this is the worse one. The picture makes it look a lot worse.

2. 22lilchickens

Oct 3, 2014
    Virginia
    I had a little spray bottle of hydrogen peroxide so I sprayed a little on each ones wound

3. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    I have used BluKote on my Polish hen's head with a similar wound for 3 weeks until her feathers grew back in. Betadine and plain antibiotic ointment such as bacitracin or neosporin also will work. The BluKote works as an antiseptic, colors it blue to hide the wound, and after the scab forms and dries, it will fall off to reveal new feathers coming in. I would apply it every other day until the feathers are grown in. Try to find out who is doing the pecking. The others could be in danger.

1 person likes this.
  4. 22lilchickens

Oct 3, 2014
    Virginia
    There are four of them and three are hurt then other is fine but is going to live at moms for now with some other ones her size. I'm thinking is was one of my silkie cockerels but I'm sure he did it cuz they are smaller and he was Picking on them because it's never happened before

5. 22lilchickens

Oct 3, 2014
    Virginia
    I'm getting some antibiotic ointment to put on them I'm wait till there wounds are nice and clean till I put the blukote on

6. scrambled please

scrambled please Out Of The Brooder

Nov 30, 2010
    I had a little spray bottle of hydrogen peroxide so I sprayed a little on each ones wound[/quote
    The problem with hydrogen proxide is it's so deluted now it's about worthless, unless you're not in the USA

Last edited: May 5, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by