PLEASE HELP!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by mlecreason, Nov 11, 2016.

1. mlecreason

mlecreason Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2016
    Utah
    I'm kind of freaking out. What the heck is wrong with my chicken?! No mites on her vent. She's only about 8 months old... I'm really concerned! She's the only one out of 5 that look like this. Here is one of the others for reference.
    [​IMG]

Here are my pictures of her:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mlecreason

Apr 12, 2016
    Utah
    [​IMG]

3. mlecreason

Apr 12, 2016
    Utah
    [​IMG]

These girls are for reference.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  4. mlecreason

Apr 12, 2016
    Utah
    [​IMG]

This girls comb and wattles are pretty. Bright red etc. not so much with my other one.

5. mlecreason

Apr 12, 2016
    Utah
    PLEASE HELP!!!

6. Wyorp Rock

Wyorp Rock Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Southern N.C. Mountains
    I'm having an elder moment here. What exactly do you see that is wrong with her?

Are talking about her feathers? She is most likely molting. During molt, they will lose feather and start growing new ones (pin feathers), combs can shrink (shrivel) and become paler and they will stop laying eggs.

Check her over well for any signs of lice/mites. If you see any, then treat with poultry dust.

Provide her with some extra protein and poultry vitamins. If she is eating, drinking, pooping, active and acting normal then most likely nothing to worry about.

7. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Could give some symptoms? Is she eating or drinking? Having normal droppings or diarrhea? Has she lost weight? How does he crop feel--empty, full, hard, or soft, and does it empty by the next morning? Does her crop or beak have a bad or sour odor? How old is she and does she lay eggs? Does she walk normally and move all extremities? I can't tell a lot from your pictures except that she might be odd shaped or underweight. A little more information might help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by