Please Help

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Arslan, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Arslan

Arslan New Egg

Feb 7, 2017
    Pakistan
    My rooster (age about 2 years) has been really sick for last two months.

Symptoms and signs

Episodes of

1.Greenish ,yellow, slimy mucoid poop

2. Some indigestible grains in poop
    3. Slow and sour crop
    4. Lethargic (only after eating food) and weight loss

Tried deworimg, crop empting ,treatment of coccidiosis, antibiotics, anti fungal drugs, herbal, homeopathic. Unresponsive of none of above treatments. Problems resolves in itself but occurs suddenly after 3,4 days.

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC but sorry that it is not under the best of circumstances that you join us. I'd suggest posting on the ER forum - https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/threads/add/forumId/10 for the best results. I'm far from someone that has the knowledge to help you, but I'm sure the ER experts will be able to make some suggestions.

Good luck
    CT

3. Arslan

Arslan New Egg

Feb 7, 2017
    Pakistan
    Thanks a lot

4. whoop whoop

whoop whoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2015
    Rainbow Nation
    [​IMG] x2 Ken Sorry about your Roo, hope he gets better soon

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Arslan, and [​IMG]! Great to have you aboard! Hope things turn out okay for your rooster!

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

7. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! I am quite glad you decided to join the flock, and please make yourself at home here! Enjoy BYC! :frow

~Cuz

8. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Arslan [​IMG] Welcome!

Sorry to hear that your rooster is unwell and I hope that the folks on the ER Forum were able to assist.

I also hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

9. Arslan

Arslan New Egg

Feb 7, 2017
    Pakistan
    Thanks a lot people.I Really like this forum and its members for their support and tips.

10. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

[​IMG]
    There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around the run. So sorry about you roo, I hope you get the help you need to help him. :fl

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by