Please help

ediepoplin

Hatching
Feb 13, 2017
Lone Grove, Oklahoma
Hello new chicken friends. Quick background, I am new to the chicken game, only a few months with chickens but I am obsessed. I have five hens. One barred rock (Henrietta), one Delaware (Dallas), two cinnamon Queens ( Roxie and Rosie) and an EE (Elaina). Today I got a roo. He is gorgeous, his name is Jack. But the old man I bought him from, who seemed to know a little about breeds said he's just a rooster". Would love to know what kind so I'm hoping for some insight. Will try to attach pics and hope y'all can help. TIA. Will be waiting for any and all comments.

welcome-byc.gif

He's a classic Barnyard Mix.

How big is he? My first though is he's got some Silkie in the mix, but a ways back. What else, I've no idea.

As long as he's respectful to you and good to your ladies, just enjoy him
smile.png

I'm thinking there's some black copper maran and maybe some brown leghorn. Possibly even some Easter egger in there. But truthfully I don't care. Here is so gorgeous I had to have him no matter what he is. So far he is perfectly a gentleman to me and my girls. I just can't stop looking at him he is so pretty. Thank you for your response.

Back
Top Bottom