Please help !

Cmrxx

Hatching
May 30, 2019
Hey guys I just joined this ... I need some help and advice ! So a duck laid her eggs outside my house about a month ago ... 3 days ago the ducklings hatched EXCEPT one ... didn’t really notice .. 2 days ago I was outside and heard chirping and found a duckling trapped in the egg so I helped it break free and well that’s kinda how I got into this ... so long story short I tried giving it back to its mother but since it couldn’t walk yet and was JUST BORN she wanted no part and left with her ducklings who could walk .. of course ... so I got an incubator and got this little one healthy and walking and eating ... everything is great ! Well it thinks I’m it’s mother of course ... I feel horrible ... I read about “imprinting” and did all kinds of research I’m trying to figure out what to do I can’t keep the poor thing as much as I truly want too it’s just not possible ... any ideas or opinions maybe some advice on what to do or where I can do ?! I feel so bad I don’t want it too feel abandoned and I don’t want anything to happen ... let’s face it I practically gave birth helping it out the egg .. obviously I’m attached PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME

Hey guys I just joined this ... I need some help and advice ! So a duck laid her eggs outside my house about a month ago ... 3 days ago the ducklings hatched EXCEPT one ... didn’t really notice .. 2 days ago I was outside and heard chirping and found a duckling trapped in the egg so I helped it break free and well that’s kinda how I got into this ... so long story short I tried giving it back to its mother but since it couldn’t walk yet and was JUST BORN she wanted no part and left with her ducklings who could walk .. of course ... so I got an incubator and got this little one healthy and walking and eating ... everything is great ! Well it thinks I’m it’s mother of course ... I feel horrible ... I read about “imprinting” and did all kinds of research I’m trying to figure out what to do I can’t keep the poor thing as much as I truly want too it’s just not possible ... any ideas or opinions maybe some advice on what to do or where I can do ?! I feel so bad I don’t want it too feel abandoned and I don’t want anything to happen ... let’s face it I practically gave birth helping it out the egg .. obviously I’m attached PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME
Call a wildlife rehabilitation center.

NEVER interfere with nature (unless something humans did to harm the animal) should call a rehabilitation center. its just nature! the mom duck laying on the egg helps crack it a bit and if you have never helped a wild duck hatch you should have called someone.. its not like ducks can call to humans in the wild to help their ducklings hatch... sorry for being a bit rude and even though you did *technically* save its life its not right to take nature away from it

Hello!
I too, have helped one of our ducks hatch, Arthur.

Is there anyone you know with a flock that could possibly take her In?

if its imprinted on a human would it ever be wild again?
20190530_084927.jpg

Back
Top Bottom