Please help!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Sitchey, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Sitchey

Sitchey In the Brooder

Nov 15, 2015
    One of our 18 month old Black Sex Links is not doing well. She cannot speak and she keeps closing her eyes. She keeps trying with all her might to talk and is wearing herself out. She seems tired. Otherwise, she seems completely healthy. I am so worried about her. Please, help!

2. Sitchey

Sitchey In the Brooder

Nov 15, 2015
    We decided to take her to the vet before they close for the weekend.

3. cheekychick3

cheekychick3 Songster

Apr 30, 2019
    WEST WALES UK.
    Hi sorry, to hear your girl, is not well. What did the vet say.???
    Hope vet is treating her bless. Fingers crossed. :love

Sitchey likes this.
  4. Sitchey

Sitchey In the Brooder

Nov 15, 2015

Thank you! She said that she has a respiratory infection and gave her an antibiotic shot as well as sent us home with some. She also told us to give her non-citrus Gatorade. We are also doing natural things such as tea tree oil, ACV, and eucalyptus oil (aromatherapy for breathing). The vet said there is still a Chance she might not survive, because she had zero airflow on one entire half of her body. ☹️ She is struggling to breath. However, she look more awake than she did before, so we are hopeful.

5. Sitchey

Sitchey In the Brooder

Nov 15, 2015

She didn’t make it. My heart is broken. We tried our best and set with her the whole time, but her airways closed up completely and we couldn’t do anything to stop it. The Vet said there was a good chance it could happen since one side of her wasn’t getting any air at all. She said if it spread to the other side she would die. I am so sad we lost our sweet girl tonight. ☹️

6. cheekychick3

cheekychick3 Songster

Apr 30, 2019
    WEST WALES UK.
    So so sorry, you lost your girl. I filled up, when i read it, but do not blame yourself,
    as you done all you could. Even the vet told you, but when it happens it is the worst
    feeling. My love and thoughts to you and your family. :love

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: