PLEASE HELP!!

chickenloverfr

Hatching
Apr 30, 2021
my chicken is very energitic but today she look sick, she sat in place, didnt lay a egg, just drank water, her comb was hot and she pooped clear watery poop. please help i dont want her to die

Clear watery poop? Is her tail down? I would treat for internal laying, this means that an egg broke inside of her while she was trying to lay it. Immediately give her calcium. Do you have Tums? Give her half a Tums now.
To give it to her, chop it into quarters, sit her in your lap and squeeze her between your legs. Grab the bottom of her beak to get to to open her mouth, and then pop two quarters into her mouth, they'll go down easy.

I lost a hen to internal laying let year, and didn't get enough info for treating her, or administer calcium quick enough.
What is the temp were you are? If its chilly, set her up inside so she'll stay warm and wont have to regulate her body temperature. If its not to cold, separate her within the coop so that she wont get picked on by others, and you can monitor her closely. Is she eating or drinking? Its very important that she gets fluids.
You can make a mash of her feed as well, and that will make it easier for her to eat. Add electrolytes to her water if you have them. If you don't, try to get ahold of some, but plain water works as well.
The calcium will help her expel the egg contents and and shell. Its really good you posted so soon. This going unnoticed could kill her, as egg issues re dangerous. Keep us posted, and keep up the good good work!

I lost a hen to internal laying let year, and didn't get enough info for treating her, or administer calcium quick enough.
What is the temp were you are? If its chilly, set her up inside so she'll stay warm and wont have to regulate her body temperature. If its not to cold, separate her within the coop so that she wont get picked on by others, and you can monitor her closely. Is she eating or drinking? Its very important that she gets fluids.
You can make a mash of her feed as well, and that will make it easier for her to eat. Add electrolytes to her water if you have them. If you don't, try to get ahold of some, but plain water works as well.
The calcium will help her expel the egg contents and and shell. Its really good you posted so soon. This going unnoticed could kill her, as egg issues re dangerous. Keep us posted, and keep up the good good work!
the weather is warm and 2 of the chickens do pick on her, and shes been drinking lots of water but barely any food

Clear watery poop? Is her tail down? I would treat for internal laying, this means that an egg broke inside of her while she was trying to lay it. Immediately give her calcium. Do you have Tums? Give her half a Tums now.
To give it to her, chop it into quarters, sit her in your lap and squeeze her between your legs. Grab the bottom of her beak to get to to open her mouth, and then pop two quarters into her mouth, they'll go down easy.
thank you so much! but what happens if you dont have Tums?

the weather is warm and 2 of the chickens do pick on her, and shes been drinking lots of water but barely any food
Have you given her calcium? That is extremely important and can be a life saver.
If its warm, keep her operated within the coop, and keep a close eye on her.
Keep track of who much she eats. My hen died because she didn't eat, and I want paying attention.

Have you given her calcium? That is extremely important and can be a life saver.
If its warm, keep her operated within the coop, and keep a close eye on her.
Keep track of who much she eats. My hen died because she didn't eat, and I want paying attention.
we have tried to give her food but she looks at it and looks away. she just layed a egg but it was very tiny and soft shelled

Do you have another source of Calcium? Do you have drug store near you, or some were near by you could pick something thing up?
If not, what are you feeding, and are you offering Oyster shell? Try popping some Oyster shell in her beak, that will be better then nothing.
we feed her pellets and grains and normal chicken food and we also feed her some of our left over food

Make her a scrambled egg. Usually they will eat that and pop the shells in the oven to toast them. Crush them up and offer it to her.

Back
Top Bottom