Please help!

MyBug

In the Brooder
Jul 21, 2022
My hen is about 7/8 months old .. her droppings is a bright yellow mixed with her poo .. I'll attach a photo .. she did had worms but I did give her something for that .. so what could be the reason for this ? .. she just wants to sleep .. doesn't eat .. drinks water (only if I give her) .. she wants to crawl into dark places ... and she just stands still on one place .. her crop is fine... and emptying as is should ...

Attachments

• 20220721_141100.jpg
    20220721_141100.jpg
    660.1 KB · Views: 8
My hen is about 7/8 months old .. her droppings is a bright yellow mixed with her poo .. I'll attach a photo .. she did had worms but I did give her something for that .. so what could be the reason for this ? .. she just wants to sleep .. doesn't eat .. drinks water (only if I give her) .. she wants to crawl into dark places ... and she just stands still on one place .. her crop is fine... and emptying as is should ...
I would start her on a course of antibiotics. I'd give her 250 mg of amoxicillin twice a day. You can buy Fishmox at a number of pet supply stores.
You may also need to tube water into her crop to keep her hydrated. Do you know how to do that?
Can you get a sample of her stool to your vet for a fecal analysis?

What are the white specks in the feces? To me, they appear to be tapeworm segments. If that's the case, then you need to worm your hen with Equimax equine paste which contains praziquantel. The praziquantel will take care of tapeworms.
th3G3I95CG  equimax.jpg

I would start her on a course of antibiotics. I'd give her 250 mg of amoxicillin twice a day. You can buy Fishmox at a number of pet supply stores.
You may also need to tube water into her crop to keep her hydrated. Do you know how to do that?
Can you get a sample of her stool to your vet for a fecal analysis?
No I don't know how to do that ...

What are the white specks in the feces? To me, they appear to be tapeworm segments. If that's the case, then you need to worm your hen with Equimax equine paste which contains praziquantel. The praziquantel will take care of tapeworms.
View attachment 3194912
The white looks like its just part of the feces .. I did deworm her a few weeks ago .. cause she had gapeworms

All she does is sleep all day .. she doesn't want to eat or drink ... and that's not how she usually is ... this is her now ... she wants to go in hiding .. when she lays down she spreads her wings a little bit .. her poo today is bright yellow and very watery
No I don't know how to do that ...

Attachments

• 20220722_133719.jpg
    20220722_133719.jpg
    351.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 16584900640548700065377543857089.jpg
    16584900640548700065377543857089.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 4
How did you know she had gapeworms? The only way to verify gapeworms is taking a fecal sample to a vet to be looked at under a microscope for gapeworm eggs.
Respiratory issues are almost always misdiagnosed as gapeworms.
Also, what wormer did you use?
When was the last time she laid an egg?

How did you know she had gapeworms? The only way to verify gapeworms is taking a fecal sample to a vet to be looked at under a microscope for gapeworm eggs.
Respiratory issues are almost always misdiagnosed as gapeworms.
Also, what wormer did you use?
When was the last time she laid an egg?
I'll attach a photo of the dewormer... she never laid an egg before

Back
Top Bottom