Please Help!

silkieluvr

Songster
12 Years
Sep 20, 2007
Marin, California
I have a baby that pipped yesterday morning, zipped at around 4 and then just decided to stop. It is compltely zipped through the shell but the membrane is still completely intact and very dry. What should I do!?

Read the Top Sticky post here about intervention!...I've never had to help a chick so I would hate to give you advice...How's your humidity in the bator?....maybe just zip the membrane some?...I've had chicks that have taken 24 hours from a pip to when they are totally out of the shell but the membrane was opened...

First check if it is moving, and you can see the beak, so that you know that it gets air. If not, open it till you can see the beak. If its alive, just chip away at the shell a bit. If you see blood, put it back, I think as the membrane dries out, the blood is drawn into the chick.

any news on the chick ?? mine if i dont help fast sometimes well only once i had one die i was at work wasnt much i could do when home .. it was to late .

He didn't make it
sad.png
I guess it was just not meant to be for the little one. The sad thing is that it was perfectly formed with a little vaulted skull and everything Owell, I still have 7 fuzzies and more on the way
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom