PLEASE HELP!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by roosters97, Feb 21, 2008.

1. roosters97

roosters97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    VA
    MY CHICK IS TILTING HES HEAD BACKWARDS AND HE IS MAKING WIERD NOISES!! HELP [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. roosters97

Jan 23, 2008
    VA
    HELP!!!please!

3. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I'm not sure what you mean..is his head laying on his back, similar to crooked neck. Can you post a picture? How old is the chick? Can you give us more details so we can help? What does it eat, what bedding, any other chicks with symptoms, can it eat/drink, what does the poop look like. These are all important to helping you figure this out.

Jody

4. roosters97

Jan 23, 2008
    VA
    ok i have had a rabbi twith a virus called tilt head it is simialur to that, and hes eyes are not open and he does not eat or drink.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
  6. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Is the rooster gasping for air? How long has this been going on? Could it possibly be chokeing?

7. roosters97

Jan 23, 2008
    VA
    Quote:kindof

8. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

I would try to check in his throat, make sure there isn't a piece of bedding or something stuck in there.

9. dlhunicorn

dlhunicorn Human Encyclopedia

Jan 11, 2007
    how old is this bird...

where do you have it (in a brooder? outside?)

what breed is it and what kind of bedding are you using?

Look into its throat (gently) and see if you can see anything like a piece of bedding material or straw or such

10. roosters97

Jan 23, 2008
    VA
    update, i come home, and three more are dead and 8 are dieing WHAT IS IT! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by