Please Help!!! :^(

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickenbarn-gal, Aug 4, 2010.

1. chickenbarn-gal

chickenbarn-gal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2010
    Michigan
    I keep getting these private emails saying "Hey199" its from people I don't even know. It says their commenting on my profile. And when they say "Hey199" its a link. The link goes to some-sort of dating site... How can I stop them from sending me emails!??? What does it mean???????????

PLEASE IF YOU KNOW THE ANSWER PLEASE TELL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:Don't click on the link and don't reply, for starters. You got tagged by some website you went to or your info was sold/shared. Do a FULL virus scan on your computer, followed by a complete spyware scan.

Since you have already followed the link, my recommendation is to do the above and then change your email address. Bummer. [​IMG]

3. TyrannosaurusChix

TyrannosaurusChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    Savannah, NY
    it depends if you use an internet email or if you use a fetching program on your computer. if on your computer, i would scan. if you use a web based program( if you have to log into gmail.com for instance) you could block the sending email, or you can label them spam and they will automatically go to your spam, or you can filter them right to the garbage.

Good luck

4. chickenbarn-gal

chickenbarn-gal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2010
    Michigan
    Quote:Don't click on the link and don't reply, for starters. You got tagged by some website you went to or your info was sold/shared. Do a FULL virus scan on your computer, followed by a complete spyware scan.

Since you have already followed the link, my recommendation is to do the above and then change your email address. Bummer. [​IMG]

Well Actually I didn't follow the link, but some friends did and told me..... So should I still do a virus scan if I personally wasn't the person to follow the link????????

5. eaganchickens

eaganchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2008
    Eagan,MN

Well Actually I didn't follow the link, but some friends did and told me..... So should I still do a virus scan if I personally wasn't the person to follow the link????????

If it was on your computer, YES!!

6. Nut Lemon

Nut Lemon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    Mid- Coast Maine
    mychickenbarn,
    i'm sorry, i can be of absolutely no help, but i saw this and had to say that i LOVE your avatar. sooooo cute.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by