Please help

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jsjones1117, Sep 12, 2010.

1. jsjones1117

jsjones1117 New Egg

Sep 12, 2010
    I need to know what these chickens are. They should be Old English Bantams. But what kind? These are my daughter and cousins 4-H project. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am not sure if these are posting. PLease send me a message if at all possible.

[​IMG]

2. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Quote:Your photos are posting. (Just a quick tip: at the bottom of the page next to the "submit" button, there is a "preview" button that allows you to view your post with photos visible before you submit it.)

I can't tell what kind of chickens you have. Can you upload some more photos with different angles? That might help.
    Is that the housing for your chickens or something else?

3. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't know what they are but I do know they need a larger apartment! The feed just looks like scratch and you probably need starter or starter grower feed. Good luck and [​IMG]

4. omahalostpunk

omahalostpunk Out Of The Brooder

Sep 9, 2010
    Council Bluffs
    Red Pyle maybe they are little cuties, but they need a bigger home. That looks more like a transport for them

5. jsjones1117

jsjones1117 New Egg

Sep 12, 2010
    Red Pyles must be it. I think that is what we were told. Yes that is a transport case they were in. They have a larger home. These were just the pics my daughter had taken. We were told they are about 4 months old and should start laying around November. Does this sound right to you? We were also told they would not get much bigger. Thank ya'll so much for your help. We have all types of animals: dogs, cats, goats, alpacas, rabbits. This is a new venture though.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  6. omahalostpunk

omahalostpunk Out Of The Brooder

Sep 9, 2010
    Council Bluffs
    I'm still pretty new myself. My grandparents had chickens when I was younger. I plan to start my flock this spring, I'm still trying to decide exactly what I really want to get. The catalog I got from Mcmurry says that for show OE game birds should have their combs dubbed (cut). As far as when they will start to lay I think the 6 month mark, but I don't remember why I think that and can be totally wrong.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by