1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Please Help

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by terrilhb, Jan 26, 2011.

1. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    I posted a couple of days ago about chicks with having trouble walking. I took everyones advice. One is doing great. The other is not. I do not know what to do. Here are some pics. I have even changed the type of flooring they walk on. The other chicks are picking on it. Not the one doing good. Can someone please help me? Excuse the mess I took these just before I cleaned today for the 4th time. LOL [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

2. terrilhb

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    I have separated it from the others. With food and water

3. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    Is it able to eat and drink ok for now?? Have you given it any vitimins in its water? Can it get up at all?

4. terrilhb

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Yes it can eat and drink. Yes vitamins. It can get up as long as the others dont knock it completely over. So I removed it. I put it in a box in the brooder where the others can not get to it. Thanks

5. chicks4kids

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    Sounds like it may just need the extra special care right now. Good job getting it isolated and safe. Did you give it a little stuffed animal to sleep against? And it is getting enough heat right? Keep up with the vitamins and remember to change it every day. I hope it gets better...it sounds like you're doing all that you can.

Good luck!

6. terrilhb

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Did not think of the stuffed animal. Thank you for all your help. I really appreciate it.[​IMG]

7. terrilhb

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Know if it falls over even on it's own it can not get back up. What do I do [​IMG] But will eat and drink if it can. HELP

8. chicks4kids

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    Have you put it in a cup to keep it upright? It may just be too weak.... [​IMG]

9. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    I had one like that she just needed a few extra days help.I would keep her in a tea cup and take her out lots of times to eat and drink.she finally got strong enough and stopped falling over.

10. terrilhb

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Thank you everyone. But 1 of them passed away this morning. [​IMG]. The other seems to be doing better. Thanks again

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by