1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Please Help!!!! :(

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Chick1043, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Chick1043

Chick1043 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    My 13 week old feather footed Dark Brahma Bantam is limping! I have checked both legs and feet thoroughly. Seems to be more on the left foot but not for sure. I know its not Bumblefoot. Could she have jumped from a perch and hurt it? Or maybe something is wrong with one of the feathers on her foot? Any help would be great! Thanks.

2. WooingWyandotte

WooingWyandotte Overrun With Chickens

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    Is it eating/drinking? Have you noticed any other symptoms?

3. Chick1043

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    No. Eating normal, drinking normal, no pale comb at all, feet aren't hot at all....I dunno what else to look for! :

4. NottinghamChicks

NottinghamChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

It's real hard to help diagnose without being there so.....
    I would put her in a crate and keep her rested and perhaps some extra protein for muscle repair? See if time and rest help.

5. crawfordmama

crawfordmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    The Lakes Region, NH
    Depending on how long she's been limping, I would keep an eye on it. She may have hopped down from the roost and landed on it wrong or she could have been stepped on and so on. Maybe one of the feathers on her leg has broken? It may just go away over a period of days.

6. Chick1043

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Thanks. She doesn't limp while walking so much anymore. Mostly when she runs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by