Please help!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ChickenPeep, Sep 26, 2011.

1. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Im hatching some eggs. Tragically, we have to get rid of our roosters. [​IMG] now is the only chance to hatch some of thier eggs.
    I really need some tips. Do i need a wire on the bottom? right now theyre just on a paper towel. Can someone please give me some tips? What does the temp have to be? Its now or never! [​IMG]
    Heres a pic of the incubator now:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  2. Jloeffler

Jloeffler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    Northeast NC
    Quote:I made my own incubator and once I figured out my thermostat ( [​IMG] ) everything went fine. I did hear someone suggest that at lockdown to put the eggs in cupcake papers since they are the right size and can catch any goo and make clean up easier.

As long as you have temp and humidity right you can relax. Just remember to turn them three times per day!! And happy hatching!!

3. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

i have that same bator...but mine has wire in it and foil to protect the eggs from the light, but urs should be fine, make sure water is in one of the legs at all times, turn them 3 times a day. and make sure the temp dnt move to much. good luck [​IMG]

4. Chinchilla2

Chinchilla2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Red Rock
    Try to keep them from actually sitting on a wet paper towel. Try to reposition them so both of them are equal distance from the light as well. The one looks like it is closer and will wind up hotter than the other.

5. ChickenPeep

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Quote:Why cant they be on the paper towel?

6. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

mines the same bator, but as u can see the wire and foil between the eggs and the light

7. Chinchilla2

Chinchilla2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Red Rock
    Quote:Why cant they be on the paper towel?

The water will clog the pores in the egg and potentially suffocate or drown the chick when it gets to that stage as well as transport micro bacteria into the shell.

8. ChickenPeep

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    What does the temp have to be?

9. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Right around 100* F

10. DAVE07

DAVE07 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 18, 2011
    Melbourne