Please help =(

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by PoultryGirly, Dec 12, 2012.

1. PoultryGirly

PoultryGirly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2012
    Hi. I have a female call duck and a BEI duck that were paired together at an auction and I'm unsure of their age. The call duck has always had trouble with her feet (limping, etc.), but these past few months she's had more trouble. She didn't have white feathers when I got her, but now he has them on her neck and upper body (I don't know if that means anything to you). She would go on and off of limping badly and the next day or so she would just have a teensy limp. When Hurricane Sandy came through, we penned them up in the garage because of the high wind and rain and about 3 days later we fixed up some damage and put them back in the pen (except with the chickens because the chicken pen got TORN up) and they went crazy, flying everywhere and the little call duck had no sign of a limp at all. Today, though, we went down there to feed them and she was limping really bad. She could walk a little, but with a big limp. She eats and drinks and quacks normally except with a big sort of dragging limp and I think but I'm not sure that they fell on her or ran her over a few times. So, I got a little pen and penned her mate and her up in the warmer garage so she can get rest again. Is there anything else I should do? Thanks.

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Could you get a picture of her leg?

3. PoultryGirly

Mar 28, 2012
    I xan't right now, but maybe tomorrow? I've checked her leg and it looks perfectly normal and when I hold her up, she squirms those legs like nothing is wrong.

4. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    There's no swelling at all? Have you checked the bottom of her feet?

5. PoultryGirly

Mar 28, 2012
    I didn't check tonight, but if she is okay tomorrow, I will try to look at it and take a picture.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by