please help

bindy003

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 28, 2013
I have 3 Peking ducklings I thought that one snores because it makes noise all nite long however tonite it looks like it is panting and it is breatheing very rapidly I'm a little worried but I've never had ducklings before and I don't know if this is normal. It's cool in my room and they have fresh water and there area is very clean can someone help please

They are in my bed room at nite and I lay down towels i do keep a large basen of water down big enough for them to sit in and its about 50 degrees in my room and i have a fan blowing on the floor from.my table side she seems to do the quick breatheing panting thing when she stop snoring or making low twitting quacking noises I hope that helps a little I am very new at the duckling thing sometimes her snoring is low but most of the time it is loud

Be careful of the water basin ducklings can drown in a small amount of water if they get stuck on their backs - which happens easily.

It sounds way too cold for your babies! How old are they?

Almost 5 weeks old now I have everything right by my bed which sounds funny but I don't approve much at nite since the babies came i find myself watch over the one duckling a lot due to the breathing and snoring I was thinking maybe I should record her then post it

Not appove that was suppose to be sleep my computer likes to put in radom words sorry

Hmm I don't know what to say about snoring... Hopefully someone with more duck experience will pick up this thread. Is it all the time or just at night? What are you feeding them?

Back
Top Bottom