Please Help

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by cwd2016, Oct 12, 2013.

1. cwd2016

cwd2016 In the Brooder

May 21, 2013
    Of course my favorite chicken in the flock has odd conditions idk whats wrong but it seems as though she has lost motor skills in her legs and fumbles around and her poop has a green color is runny sometimes and smells awful. Please Respond Soon Thank You

2. LBejaran

LBejaran Songster

Apr 14, 2013
    Deep South Texas
    I'd consider giving her some antibiotics and to put some apple cider vinegar in her water. Also, a little cayenne pepper in her food/water can help deworm her. I would monitor her for any changes to see if maybe she perks up. It's better to over-treat her a bit, just to ensure that she can get back on her feet. Hopefully, this will help.

3. cwd2016

cwd2016 In the Brooder

May 21, 2013
    Ok thanks and I gave her some aueromycin and electrolytes but do you think that it's worms?

4. LBejaran

LBejaran Songster

Apr 14, 2013
    Deep South Texas
    It could be worms or maybe just something she ate that disagreed with her. Deworming her might help to remove whatever might be making her ill. Also, cayenne seems to just perk up birds. All my birds get a dose of cayenne about once every two months and they love it!

From my experience, however, it could be any number of things. I normally don't diagnose the problem, but I treat thoroughly to prevent any problems. Oh, just thought of something else. Have you checked for mites? I've heard from others that they can cause some more severe changes in chicken's, including slowed egg laying. I've never had the problem, but it is probably worth looking into.

5. cwd2016

cwd2016 In the Brooder

May 21, 2013
    Ok thanks for the help but I think she's too far gone now she has lost a lot of weight the past 2 days and barely stays awake

6. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Free Ranging Premium Member 7 Years

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
  7. cwd2016

cwd2016 In the Brooder

May 21, 2013
    Thank you and I do think that she has Mareks disease now because she has all the symptoms of the neural form

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: