please help

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by nbd3um1, Nov 11, 2013.

1. nbd3um1

nbd3um1 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2013
    Pacific Northwest
    I have no idea what is wrong everyone seamed fine yesterday.

I was late getting out to our 7 weekish old chicks this morning they had run out of water, I filled them up and everyone came running over.

I have one that is kinda shaking and it looks like a shiver. That same ones crop feels very soft and when I massaged it she spit up water.

I noticed an other one went to get some food and water drooled out of its mouth.

PLEASE HELP

what should I do?

Did they just drink to quick because they ran out of water? Will they be okay? Is something else wrong?>

2. nbd3um1

nbd3um1 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2013
    Pacific Northwest
    I am sitting watching them should I be looking for anything particular?

3. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    It is common for chickens to drool or even throw up after drinking a lot of water, so I expect that it what happened to your chicks. My hens always gorge themselves on water when its hot out or when I bring them fresh stuff. The shivering may be normal, too, though it could also be a warning sign of the beginning of a disease. I'd just observe them closely for a few days (watch how they act, feel their crops each morning--they should be almost or completely empty); however, they should be fine.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by