Please help

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by michellegreen, Dec 24, 2013.

1. michellegreen

michellegreen New Egg

Dec 24, 2013
    norfolk
    My little silky Maggie is unwell went to coop this morning to let the girls out she came straight to me and kinda crouched down shut her eyes I picked her up and could see how unwell she was and cold I put her in my dressing cist and brought her into the house her feathers Are ruffled and she will not eat or drink so I opened her mouth and with a call syringe gave her water and made her scrabbled egg I have had her in herd for a couple of hours now and she is still the same any ideas please I know it sounds stupid but I love her had her since she was a tiny chick x been reading and some story's sound like mine but the chickens had passed away and I don't want that xxx

2. michellegreen

michellegreen New Egg

Dec 24, 2013
    norfolk
    She has not touched the scrambled egg please help someone said a warm bath but don't want to freak her out and I phoned the vets and they want fifty pounds I simply have not got up pls help x

3. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC. So sorry to hear you have a sick hen. The best place to post your question is in the Emergencies and Diseases section of the Forum, you will likely get better answers there. In the meantime keep her warm, and water is more important than food in the short term. Good luck.

4. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

First [​IMG]

Nothing is stupid here ask away but you also need to post in Emergency's
    and cures I believe .....

The egg idea is great good job but lets put a little sugar in the water to help
    perk Maggie up a little and get her warm for now ........[​IMG]

gander007 [​IMG]

5. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow Welcome to BYC and Happy Holidays! Hope Maggie gets to feeling better, like everybody else said, get her warm and you should post on the Emergencies board about her, and give as much information as you can. How old is she, is she in good weight? Did you check her over thoroughly if you can see anything wrong, injury or parasites etc? What does her poop/vent look like?

6. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    Welcome to BYC! Good luck with your hen.

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

8. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

9. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC - hopefully things have improved with your hen.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by