Please Help

Brahmadarma

Songster
11 Years
Aug 13, 2008
I am unfamiliar with the workings of this site so I am trying again. I posted a recent question on an old thread because it is still unresolved. It is ongoing from....
"Question re:3 week old hunched up" posted today 9.9
Please read the last entry if you think you might be able to offer any advice.
Thank you.

Please post the link to that thread...the site is so large it is lost within all the other posts and forums

Chance your chicks have cocci, take some time and do some reading up on this subject for your little ones.

As a fast help for them and I mean start now.

Clean disinfect the brooder, daily or even twice a day if you can. Start them with some type of dairy product, dry powder milk added into chick starter, or yogurt (plain or vanilla), or even cottage cheese, what ever you have or can purchase for them. Give them daily with feed.

Have asked Diana to jump in here hopefully she can.

ML

Welcome to BYC!

We all have to learn our way around the boards and all the ins and outs.

Posting your problems on the end of another thread is hijacking. Most often it gets overlooked.

When you need help start your own thread in the Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures forum.

Also put the problem in your title in short form.

"Please help - bloody poops" or "Please help- suspect cocci" - etc.

You will get more help from others.

I did all that, as you said, but ended up being the only person on the thread so tried to direct people back to it so they could follow the history.
By the way I don't think its Cocci.
My original post (My thread) was titled "Question re: 3 wk old hunched up" ...I wasn't hijacking, just trying to re-connect because I still don't know whats wrong with the poor little mite.
Just got back from taking two dogs to the vet - bad reaction to worming. Stressful week.

One of the worst times. I came home from work today and was relieved to see my dogs looking up and happy - but then I saw why...
They had dug under the garden fence and gotten out, then broke through the door of the run. All seven chicks dead.
I am completely devastated.

Oh, I'm so sorry! That's terrible! You really are having an awful week! I know that's happened to other people, too, but that's no comfort for you. I'm really sorry. :aww

I never thought I could be comforted by an emoticom, but that was really sweet. Thank you Woodland Woman.
I have made some serious errors in estimations this week - the killer instinct of my dear, sweet, loving dogs; their body weights; the relationship between 1ml and a teaspoon, the actual safety of my beautiful new chicken run...and the depth of my love for seven pathetic little avians who were my babies for one month.
I will try again with important lessons learned.

aaaawwwww I am so sorry. It sounds like you have had a time of it. do try again and learn from what has happened and correct the problems for the next time.

hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom