Please Help!

ChickadeeB

Hatching
5 Years
Aug 17, 2014
I am new to chickens. One of my hens is very swollen, her abdomen is very hard and she can hardly walk without falling over. She is very hungry when offered food yet I can feel her breast bone when I hold her. She has progressively gotten worse over a couple weeks. I soaked her, checked her no egg that I could feel and now she's barely breathing smells terrible and I found maggots on her this morning!!! Anything I can do????

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Oh, I am so sorry. She does not sound good and could perish very soon. You need to post this in our emergency section right now....https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

Maggots can kill them very fast. They are eating her alive. Good luck and I hope someone can help you soon.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

I'm sorry but you may lose your bird:( Defiantly ask in the emergency area.

Glad you joined and God bless.

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm sorry about your hen. Definitely post this on our Emergency section. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. I hope your hen will be okay. Good luck.

I hope you received some advice to help your hen- maggots are horrible in that they can migrate through the body and even end up at the brain.

Back
Top Bottom