please help

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by fluffychooks, Aug 22, 2014.

1. fluffychooks

fluffychooks Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2014
    i have a wheezing rooster is terrible he is quite yong and please help

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Can you give some background info--how old, did you recently get him or add a new bird that could have been a carrier of a respiratory disease? Could he have something stuck in his throat? Does he have other respiratory symptoms such as eye or nasal drainage, swelling around an eye, or cough/sneeze? Some respiratory diseases can cause wheezing, and they may be bacterial, viral, or fungal. Infectious bronchitis, mycoplasma gallisepticum (MG or CRD,) ILT, and coryza are some of the common ones. Antibiotics such as Tylan 50 injection may be used to treat or prevent bacterial secondary infections.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  3. fluffychooks

Aug 22, 2014
    3 years old (30 chicken years) no new birds since he hatched he might have a thing in his throat he wont let me look
    without a fuss it is also coming from within his chest no eye or nasal drainage noticed definitely cough and sneeze I will take him to the vet for diagnostics also he is in a box at night that hasn't been cleaned for 3 days he is a light Sussex and he has dark brown droppings
    I am very desperate please help![​IMG]

4. fluffychooks

Aug 22, 2014

5. fluffychooks

Aug 22, 2014
    i just wanted 2 let u know that he is feeling much better and is fine now thank u 4 ur help[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by