Please help

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Buttercup14, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Buttercup14

Buttercup14 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2014
    I have a pullet (about 22 weeks) and I'm not sure what's wrong with her. (I have another post also).
    Early last week she was wobbly and kept falling then the next day couldn't get up off her side. She is being kept in garage, I'm giving her daily baths (at beginning in case it was an egg now to clean her poop off). She's still pooping (normal droppings) and I'm feeding her water with electrolytes, poly vitamins, feeding her warmed oatmeal, mashed egg (won't eat this). I've also give her some colloidal silver. She refused to eat/drink 2 days ago but did yesterday and today she's eating pellets that I leave by her head. I'm still giving her water as she can't move/raise her body. Yesterday she was flapping both wings and she is constantly moving her legs/feet as if she's running (I put something there for her to hold on to and stop). Her leg is shaky though. Today after her bath she had the following poop (pic following) but the rest if the poops today are normal. (One was super big about an inch wide) She also was able to sit for almost a minute on her haunches.
    Please help. Ps she hasn't laid an egg yet.
    [​IMG]

2. purpletree23

purpletree23 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2009
    How are your other pullets acting? How many do you have?

3. Buttercup14

Mar 26, 2014
    They've been acting normal. I have them in two different coops/runs. One has 1 cockerel and 5 pullets and the other one is 1 cockerel and 2 pullets (this is where my sick one was)

4. Buttercup14

Mar 26, 2014
    The cockerel though last week growled at me when I went near her (before she was moved into garage).

5. Buttercup14

Mar 26, 2014
    Here's a pic of her bum area so u can see her recent poop (although it ranges in colour from green to brown normally). This is why I'm giving her daily baths to clean her up.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by