Please helpidentify my ducks - pictures included

jasonm11

Songster
9 Years
Nov 18, 2010
tioga tx
to my knowledge they are 3-4 weeks old and growing fast, but what kind are they?
72229_011.jpg

this is Huey and Louie, We think Huey (black bill) is a boy and Louie (orange/black bill) is a girl
72229_016.jpg

We call the chick in the background Spot, he thinks he is a duck and cannot be seperated from the ducks. He will stand on the edge of the baby pool whne they are swimming. Yes he has fallen in once or twice.

They don't look like any specific breed but they are both beautiful. Louie could be a cross with a Fawn and White Runner, judging by the more upright stance and colour/pattern.

The one without the eye stripes kind of looks like a cross between a fawn Indian Runner and a Welsh Harlequin.

thanks guys, we have turkey and chickens but these are our first ducks. We never would have thought they grow so darn fast. Pretty excited to see them fully feathered. Do you think we got the sex right?

You can't tell by bill color in a mixed breed duck. What do they SOUND like. Loud quacks = girls. Soft raspy quacks = boys.

Quote:
So what you are telling me is the girls have the big mouths? sounds about right. Ha ha only kidding I couldnt resist. I will have to sit with them some today to see if i can hear a difference.
smile.png

smack.gif

Hee hee hee

That is called the "Beer Sexing" method. Crack open a beer, have a seat, and listen to your ducks
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom