PLEASE HELPPP

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by TheRookie, Feb 29, 2012.

1. TheRookie

TheRookie Chillin' With My Peeps

ill try to post pics in a minute but one of my silkies got trampled i think and now he cant walk. one leg works fine but both his wings are spread and his other leg is curled up. they are three days old from ideal. just got here. HELPP

edit: this one is gone but another is worrying me. sorry to post so often but im new and so worried ill lose more.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  2. TheRookie

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. TheRookie

....Nevermind. hes gone.

4. crazychickenwom

crazychickenwom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2012
    Central Ohio
    I am so sorry for your loss... I saw your post a few minutes ago, but had no idea how to help as I am new here... again, so sorry for your loss...

5. chickitty

chickitty Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2012
    Mangilao, Guam
    well now you just gotta take care of the rest sorry for your loss[​IMG]

6. TheRookie

Oh no. now the other one is standing on his toes and wobbling. not sure what to do. this one is eating and drinking so thats a plus..

7. chickitty

chickitty Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2012
    Mangilao, Guam
    well all u can do now is give them the care they need and wait...hopefully things will work

8. klmclain1

klmclain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    Call Ideal right away and ask for their assistance! It could be that they were just weak and just couldn't tolerate the shipping - I had two of ten die because of that last year within 4 days of receiving them. But they may have other ideas. Keep them warm...do you have any electrolyte powder?? You could put that in their water. Maybe soft scramble some egg and see if they'll pick at that for extra protein. I think...emphasis on think... human Polyvisol vitamins (WITHOUT IRON) might be a good thing to give them too. I'd put some in their water. Do a search here for Polyvisol - someone will have posted amounts.

Hang in there! I love all the rescues you've done! You're a great person!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by