PLEASE How long does a goose egg take to hatch, trying for 24 hours

Germaine_11.20

Songster
10 Years
Jun 6, 2009
Idaho
My little goose is trying to hatch out since yesterday about 6 am. It has about a 50 cent piece broken out but hasn't progressed alot since. It is making sounds and trying.
I have the humidity as high as I can get it about 87. Do I wait, is it stuck, do I help.
Please give me some advice, I really want this goose.

They take a long time. As long as he seems to be doing ok I would try to wait it out. I helped mine a bit but you need to be careful with it. At the first sign of bleeding you need to stop. The main thing is keep the humidity up and spritz the egg with warm water periodically. Best of luck and please let us know how it goes.
Nancy

Thanks Nancy. I did notice a tiny blob of blood on the bator floor. I am hoping it is just some from it breaking out of the shell. It is still making noises. Oh this is so hard.

Hi Nancy,
Yes, he is out! I did have to help him. He was so pitiful with his little sounds he was making so I stuck my hand in there to see if I could help with one piece of shell and it was stuck like super glue. So I pulled the egg out and wrapped it in a warm wet wash cloth while I pulled off pieces with a tweezers.
As soon as I got enough shell off he just popped out. He is happy and strong and loves me!!
And he has a sister or brother who managed to get out of their shell all by themself.
I am guessing that I lost humidity at a crucial time and the shell dried out on the first gosling and just would not come unglued.
I am learning. I have some other eggs incubating and I have sponges in there now.
With our dry climate I think I have to keep that humidity up higher than most recommend. The air cells are diminished enough on my chickie eggs (I have 3 turkens due to hatch this coming Thursday) I am having so much fun with my birds. I am fortunate that my hubby thinks it is great. Of course it keeps me busy while he plays too!
Thank you for asking. I have been crazy busy checking on the geese and making sure they are still thriving. Along with all the normal daily duties we have...
How are you and your birds? I hope they and you are wonderful
Have a great weekend.
P.S. I am excited I get to babysit my Grandson (1st one) for the first time today. He is almost 4 weeks and the kids are ready to try to go out without him LOL

I am so happy to here good news. I don't have any birds right now
sad.png
we are moving the first part of Sept so all my hatching has been for a friend. Enjoy your grandson and have a blessed day.

Back
Top Bottom