PLEASE I must set this AM! Is 60 degree room OK? says 70 or greater

newbiechickenowner

Songster
10 Years
Oct 28, 2009
Georgia, VT
Please answer as quickly as possible...my eggs are now getting old. I got in the hovobater (delayed due to storm here) and I set it last night and it is in our large closet, where it is safest, but, it is 60 degrees in the closet. DOES ANYONE ELSE USE THEIR INCUBATOR IN A ROOM THAT IS CONSISTENTLY 60 OR COLD? The box says that it should be in a room 70 to 80 degrees, but, it is up to 100 degrees in the incubator and I would really like to use this room as it is the safest away from the cats, kids flying toys, noise
smile.png
etc. As long as it stays at 60 and I got the incubator up to 100 (99.5), have others done this safely? PLEASE REPORT...>THANKS SO MUCH!

My room is usually 60 degrees or so, no problems with it...only when it fluctuates I have problems.

Thank you.! I am SO NERVOUS! I am a wreck! I have researched and researched and thought I thought of everything and NOT SO MUCH! Keep having a million questions. I just don't want to screw it up! Thanks for the support.

I keep my incubators in our unheated basement so it's 50 or so degrees in it and it's not a problem. Like someone else said stable room temps are more important.

I'm so glad you asked that. I was wondering the same thing. My basement I by far the safest place and is about 60. Hoping to be starting in about a week.

I don't think you need to do this BUT, At one point where we lived the only place I had to incubate was in a cellar under the house. Temps didn't fluctuate too bad but it was cold, for early hatching sometimes would freeze down there. I piled blankets on top of the incubator to help insulate it and I still had good hatches. Like everyone has said as long as you can hold temp you should be fine!

Back
Top Bottom