Please Identify my Duck Breed....!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by LordAseel, Dec 23, 2014.

1. LordAseel

LordAseel New Egg

Dec 22, 2014
    Dear Fellow Animal Lovers/breeders/farmer, i would really appreciate if you guys could help me identify my duck breed (especially the female ducks since i am trying to know how till they be laying their eggs). I have been reading endlessly about which ducks are best for meat and eggs, and i wanted eggs more than meat, i think i have a breed that is not fond of laying eggs....as i have seen none. My ducks are penned up for most of the day and night and only let out for an hour twice a day under vigilance as it is winter time, and plus there are many wild cats around. Help me!!![​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. fethr37

fethr37 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 3, 2014
    western washington
    Look like Mallard and Mallard x Kahki Cambell...Should start getting eggs soon closer to Spring

1 person likes this.
  3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Gorgeous ducks..

Welcome to BYC

1 person likes this.
  4. buff goose guy

buff goose guy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2014
    Mississippi Y'all
    Beautiful ducks it looks like you have all mixed breeds, maybe a dusky rouen in the bunch but I don't see a white ring or anything on him so I'm not sure.

1 person likes this.
  5. jtn42248

jtn42248 Overrun With Chickens

Khaki Campbell mix of some sort.

1 person likes this.
  6. LordAseel

LordAseel New Egg

Dec 22, 2014
    i see you have similar ones in ur profile pic. so i shud get eggs soon?? yaayyyyy??? i was getting worried...was looking for the butchers number :p and will they lay in their pen??

7. LordAseel

LordAseel New Egg

Dec 22, 2014
    is that good for egg production???

8. jtn42248

jtn42248 Overrun With Chickens

If it is in fact a Khaki mix then possibly yes. Khakis are excelent egg layers. But it is going to boil down to what breed it is mixed with.

9. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Looks like maybe Pekin mixed in with the one blk/white love the smiling faces. they along with KC would make an excellent egg layer. Give them plenty of bedding, shavings mine love and they will make their own nest for laying. They sure look healthy and happy.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by